Scan Your Computer
Friday, July 29, 2016
Once you have installed an anti-virus and/or anti-spyware package, you should scan your entire computer periodically. If your anti-virus package has the ability to automatically scan specific files or directories and prompt you at set intervals to perform complete scans, enable this feature.
What can I do to protect my computer?
- Don't click on pop-up ads that advertise anti-virus or anti-spyware programs
- Use and regularly update firewalls, anti-virus, and anti-spyware programs
- Properly configure and patch operating systems, browsers, and other software programs.
- Turn off ActiveX and Scripting, or prompt for their use.
For more information, please visit:
- US-CERT Newsletter on "Recognizing and Avoiding Spyware"
- US-CERT Tip on "Recovering from a Trojan Horse or Virus"