MS-ISAC CYBERSECURITY ADVISORIES
MS-ISAC ADVISORY NUMBER:
Cumulative Security Update for Microsoft Edge (MS16-052)
There are currently no reports of these vulnerabilities being exploited in the wild.
- Windows 10
- Large and medium government entities: High
- Small government entities: Medium
- Large and medium business entities: High
- Small business entities: Medium
Home users: Low
Multiple vulnerabilities have been discovered in Microsoft Edge that could allow for remote code execution. Details of these vulnerabilities are as follows:
We recommend the following actions be taken:
- Apply appropriate patches provided by Microsoft to vulnerable systems immediately after appropriate testing.
- Run all software as a non-privileged user (one without administrative privileges) to diminish the effects of a successful attack.
- Remind users not to visit un-trusted websites or follow links provided by unknown or un-trusted sources.
- Inform and educate users regarding the threats posed by hypertext links contained in emails or attachments, especially those from un-trusted sources.