Protect Yourself from Phishing Scams
These scams continue to proliferate at alarming rates and are becoming more and
more difficult to detect. It's important for you to understand how to recognize
a phishing attempt and what you can do to protect yourself.
What Can I Do?
- Be cautious about all communications you receive.
- If it appears to be a phishing communication, do not respond. Delete it. You can also forward it to the Federal Trade Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Do not click on any links listed in the email message and do not open any attachments contained in suspicious email.
- Do not enter personal information in a pop-up screen. Legitimate companies,
agencies and organizations don't ask for personal information via pop-up
- Install a phishing filter on your email application and also on your web
browser. These filters will not keep out all phishing messages, but will
reduce the numbers of phishing attempts.
For more information, please visit: