Stay Safe on Social Networking Sites
Social networking sites (e.g., Facebook®, Youtube®), are used widely; but, we must learn how to be safe on such sites. While these sites can increase your circle of friends, they also can increase your exposure to people with less-than-friendly intentions. Learn how to help your kids - and other family members - socialize online safely.
What can you do to protect yourself?
- Make sure your computer is protected before visiting sites
- Do not assume you are in a trusted environment
- Be cautious in how much personal information you provide
- Use common sense when communicating with users you DO know
- Use common sense when communicating with users you DON'T know
- Understand what information is collected and shared
- Make sure you know what sites your child is visiting
For More Information:
- MS-ISAC Monthly Newsletter Tips - Staying Safe on Social Networking Sites
- US-CERT Cyber Security Tips - Staying Safe on Social Networking Sites