Cyber Security Legislative Resources
- LEGISLATIVE RESOURCES - FEDERAL
- LEGISLATIVE RESOURCES - STATE
- LEGAL REFERENCE
- TECHNOLOGY AND CYBER-SECURITY RELATED NEWS
- CYBER-SECURITY RELATED RESOURCES
- EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES RESOUCES
- POLICY RELATED RESOURCES
- SPECIFIC ISSUES
- MISCELLANEOUS LINKS OF INTEREST
- Library of Congress - Thomas Home Page
- Library of Congress Government Resources - Thomas Government Resource
- Library of Congress - Documents and Debates - Congressional documents and debates.
- United States House of Representatives - Home Page
- United States House of Representative Committee on Rules. This is the collection of information about the nuts and bolts of Federal legislative process.
- United States Senate - Home Page
- C-SPAN - coverage of a variety of public affairs events
- Roll Call - Congressional news source.
- The Hill - Congressional news source.
- CongressLink created by the Dirksen Center which contains a mixture of congressional links and general information about the United States Congress and itâ€™s operation.
- Office of the Law Revision Counsel - United States Code search filter
- OpenCRS - A project of the Center for Democracy & Technology which provides access to CRS Reports already in the public domain.
- Congressional Research Service Reports, UNT Libraries
- Regulations.gov - On this U.S. Government Web site you can find, view, and comment on regulations and other actions for all Federal agencies.
- GOVTRAK - an independent website which brings together information about the United States Congress, tracking the status of federal legislation and the activities of your senators and representatives.
Legislative Resources - State
- State NetÂ State Net is a resource providing information for State and Federal.
- National Conference of State Legislators
Links to State Legislative Websites
- Cornell University Legal Resource Page - information on a multitude of legal topics including search tools for federal and state legislation.
- NYS Unified Court System Glossary of Legal Terms
Technology and Cyber-Security Related News
- HG Worldwide Legal Directories - HG Worldwide Legal Directories â€“ law and technology articles
- SC Magazine - Latest News
Cyber Security Related Resources
- SANS Institute Resources - cyber security related news
- The SANS Security Policy Project - resource for the development and implementation of information security policies.
- SANS Glossary of Terms Used in Security and Intrusion Detection
Emerging Technologies Resources
- DHS Cyber Security Research & Development Center
- MITâ€™s Technology Review
- MITâ€™s Deshpande Center for Technology Innovation
- MITâ€™s InfoTech Page
- USPIRG - Federation of state Public Interest Research Groups (PIRGs)
Best Practices for Information, Cyber, and Computer Security Coordination- a collection of resources to assist in the development of a CISO/CSO position within your State
- National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) Breach Notification Page
- Attrition.org Data Loss Archive and Database
Freedom of Information
- Freedom of Information Center - Missouri School of Journalism
- Freedom of Information, Privacy Act & Web Inventories - Federal Government FOIA resources.
- Open Government Guide - a compendium of information on every state's open records and open meetings laws with the ability to compare specific provisions of different state's laws.
- PBS - States Freedom of Information Map - a state by state listing of freedom of information related laws.
- U.S. Department of State Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
- US Department of Justice (FOIA)
- WikiFOIA - a broad collection of FOIA resources
- Federal Trade Commissionâ€™s Identity Theft Site
- Theft Resource Center (ITRC)
- Privacy Rights Clearinghouse - Identity Theft Resources
- FTCâ€™s Online Identity Theft Complaint Form
- PCI Security Standard Council
- Approved Scanning Vendors (ASVs)
- Approved Qualified Security Assessors (QSAs)
- JCB and PCI DSS
- American Express Data Security Requirements
- Discover Information Security and Compliance (DISC) Program
- MasterCard Site Data Protection Program
- Visa Cardholder Information Security Program (U.S.)
- Electronic Privacy Information Center
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Privacy Initiatives
- Health Privacy Project
- Privacy Rights Clearinghouse - Home Page
- National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) Real ID Page
- MIT Online Forum: The Real ID Act of 2005
- National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) REAL ID State Legislation Database
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Spyware Page
- The Anti-Spyware Coalition (ASC)
- Ben Edelmanâ€™s Spyware Home Page
Miscellaneous Links of Interest
- Government Executive Magazine - daily news magazine.
- US Government Official Web Portal - U.S. government's official web portal, USA.gov makes it easy for the public to get U.S. government information and services on the web.
- United States Department of Justice Computer Crime & Intellectual Property Section
- Stanford Technology Law Review - a forum for intellectual discourse on critical issues at the intersection of law, science, technology, and public policy.
- Pew Internet and American Life Project - Pew Internet & American Life Project produces reports that explore the impact of the Internet on families, communities, work and home, daily life, education, health care, and civic and political life.
Disclaimer: These links are provided because they have information that may be useful. The Multi-State Information Sharing and Analysis Center (MS-ISAC) does not warrant the accuracy of any information contained in the links and neither endorses nor intends to promote the advertising of the resources listed herein. The opinions and statements contained in such resources are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent the opinions of the MS-ISAC.